Chicken, Turkey Sausage, and Kale
This week, it’s a healthy meal so we can fit into our bathing suits (well, some of you might be able to … I’ve got a ways to go).
Anyway, it’s Chicken, Turkey Sausage & Kale, and the video above will tell you how to make it. More specifics and the recipe are below.
My husband and kids love this recipe. As I mention in the video, you can add pasta or beans to this if you want it to be a little more hearty.
- Chicken breasts or tenders, cut and sauteed in pan with olive oil
- Turkey sausage (I buy the hot sausage and boil it first for about 15 minutes; then toss in pan with chicken when chicken is done cooking)
- Chicken broth (I use low-sodium chicken broth, about 3/4 of a cup to a cup for one bag of Kale)
- Cut up chicken into little pieces and throw in pan with olive oil. Cook until it’s not pink.
- Boil turkey sausage in water about 15 minutes.
- Cut up turkey sausage into pieces.
- Add garlic to pan with chicken; then toss in turkey sausage.
- In another large pan with lid, measure about a cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- Toss in kale. Place lid on top. Steam for about 5 minutes.
- When it’s slightly wilted, toss in chicken and turkey sausage mixture.
- Serve as meal. We add a fruit on the side.
***You could also add cannellini beans, pasta (small pasta like little shells or ditalini pasta)—whatever you like to make it more hearty if you wish. Otherwise, it’s a healthy little meal. The turkey sausage is low in fat and is the perfect combination for this recipe.
Enjoy! See you next week!