Over the past two weeks I have made a change to my diet: I have switched from flavored yogurts laden with fruit and sugar to plain Greek yogurt. Why? I am trying to lower my sugar intake…just for the good of my health.
According to an article by Fitness Magazine (fitnessmagazine.com), there are many primary benefits tied to eating yogurt and weight loss. Some of the reasons are as follows (you can click here for the full article on their website for more details):
- Yogurt can give you flat abs.
- Most brands of yogurt contain good-for-you bacteria.
- Yogurt is loaded with vitamins.
- A cup of yogurt a day can help you recover quicker after a workout.
- Yogurt may help prevent high blood pressure.
- A daily serving of yogurt helps keep colds away.
- Yogurt can help your smile.
- Yogurt is a high-protein food.
Initially, as someone who has a pretty fierce sweet tooth, I was dreading the switch to a much plainer tasting yogurt. However, doctoring it up a bit with fresh fruits, raisins, and a sprinkling of pumpkin flax granola has certainly helped me get used to the taste without much wincing.
If you’re someone who likes yogurt and who wants to make little steps toward better health, give this one a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed.