On the show “Inside the Actor’s Studio,” the host, James Lipton, asks his guests the same 10 questions as he ends the show. Today’s daily prompt asks us bloggers to answer Lipton’s questions. This was one blog prompt I couldn’t resist. This will be fun, she thought.
I am not an actor by trade, however, my friend, colleague, and fellow blogger, Chris Reed, roped me into playing his wife, Lucy, on Stevenson University’s student-created sitcom entitled “The University.” How could I say no? I got to have a television husband named Hank Howard (neurotic and self-indulged as he was), but it was fun nonetheless. Additionally, it was enlightening to give acting a try and work with the students and Chris.
Moreover, the taste I got of acting made me realize this about myself: I should stick to writing and teaching.
Here are Lipton’s questions answered honestly by Yours Truly.
- What is your favorite word? Shenanigans
- What is your least favorite word? Vomit
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? That moment when creativity attacks you…when you’ve been banging your head against the wall and nothing’s coming, and then all of a sudden it comes to you in a flash. I love that.
- What turns you off? People who are supposed to be your friends but don’t have your back.
- What is your favorite curse word? This is a G-rated blog, but the word begins with “F.”
- What sound or noise do you love? The sound of my kids laughing, especially when they really get going.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Dogs that bark incessantly.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? TV chef, like Giada.
- What profession would you not like to do? Nursing-I faint at the sight of blood.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Well, you had good intentions…