10. The New Jersey Turnpike when you have a special event to attend and it’s shut down at Exit 4, 5, 6…(one can only guess where the big closure might be)…causing you to detour, be creative with a map, and finagle your way to your destination, praying you won’t be THAT LATE (or miss it).
9. A broken toilet seal, the result of which causes your toilet to overflow, soak the floor of the bathroom, and drip through the ceiling onto your dining room table (as is happening right now, a large bucket rescuing the drops).
8. When students tell you that something you asked them to read is “long” at twenty pages.
7. Not knowing how or when you will bump into someone you’d really rather not bump into at all. Ever.
6. Watching your kid pitch…for the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. time. It never gets any easier and you’re thankful you still have fingernails.
5. People who have absolutely NO IDEA how to maneuver a three-way stop, especially in parking lots.
4. People who think they are more important than you in rush hour when they decided to ride the shoulder to advance just a few cars in front of you.
3. Getting violently yelled at by an impatient older woman behind you in the express line at Safeway when you permit an elderly woman who has a walker (and can barely stand) to go in front of you as an act of kindness.
2. Flying with a migraine headache.
1. Putting your written work out there for folks to critique.
What gives you agita? I’d love to hear what makes you anxious…or want to throw up your lunch.